Facial masculinization or feminization (often referred to as gender affirmation surgery) is popular with both transgender patients and cisgender patients who feel that their facial features do not correspond with their gender identity. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Marco Ellis has helped many patients to feel more like their authentic selves with these cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. Some of the procedures he performs include:
- Chin Augmentation: Since having a sharp, defined jawline is a signature of the male face, Dr. Ellis can create this appearance by grafting fat or implanting a bone or implant to create this shape.
- Rhinoplasty: The nose can be widened and elongated to give it a more masculine appearance. The nasal tip can also be altered to be more angular and project outward.
- Cheek Implants: Silicone implants can give the face an angular, masculine appearance.
- Forehead Elongation: Since men have wider foreheads, Dr. Ellis can flatten the ridge on the brows to give it a longer appearance and extend the distance between the eyebrows and hairline.
- Neck: Dr. Ellis borrows cartilage from another part of the body to create a bulge at the center of the throat to mimic an Adam’s apple.
- Cheek Augmentation: Because women have fuller, rounder and higher cheeks, Dr. Ellis can use silicone implants or fat transfer to create a feminine shape in this region.
- Rhinoplasty: Dr. Ellis can remove some of the bone to reshape the nose to be smaller and smoother with a softer, rounder tip.
- Lip Enhancement: Dermal filler can plump the lips to give them a more pillowy, feminine appearance. Dr. Ellis can also lift the lip so that it sits closer to the nose — another common trait on a female face.
- Forehead Reshaping: To give the forehead a smoother appearance, Dr. Ellis can remove part of the bone that creates a ridge just above the eyebrows.
- Chin and Jaw Reduction: To make the jawline look less square and sharp, Dr. Ellis can reshape and shave down jaw bones to give the bottom of the face an oval-like shape.
- Tracheal Shave: Dr. Ellis shaves away some of the cartilage of the trachea to create a smoother neck with a less pronounced Adam’s apple.
Your Consultation with Dr. Ellis
Specializing in facial and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Ellis is one of Chicago’s best-known plastic surgeons for gender affirmation procedures. He carefully listens to each patient’s wishes and devises a comprehensive surgical plan that best achieves these goals. For an appointment, please call (312) 695-6022.